Reference: SJ 6734
Consultant: Sone Johnson
- Board and Stakeholder Engagement
- Board meeting planning and logistics
- Assistance with compiling and planning meeting agendas in conjunction with the Head of Legal and Company Secretariat & relevant Managing Directors
- Preparation of board packs & timeous circulation thereof Liaise with relevant stakeholders in respect of, and assist in co- ordinating and planning all Boards meetings, Annual General Meetings, sub-committee meetings, and arrange venues, travel, parking and catering
- Attending meetings and drafting succinct minutes and resolutions for the company’s Board, it’s relevant sub committees, subsidiary and associated company boards within the company’s group, currently 8 companies.
- Compliance with regulatory environment
- Board Charters, mandates and policies
- Keeping of statutory registers and records
- CIPC compliance checklist submissions (relatively new requirement – 24 elements for each company)
- Keeping abreast of all statutory obligations and updates relating to relevant laws and regulations including but not limited to – the Companies Act
- Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) listing requirements and King IV (Corporate Governance), POPIA, etc. and compliance therewith
- Obtain legal opinions relevant to the Company Secretariat
- Drafting of the annual Governance Report and King IV report
- Timeous submission of annual returns for each company in the group
- Developing, updating and implementing the Decision-making Framework
- Legal Advice and Support
- Assist with legal and compliance advice and assist legal counsel when necessary, drafting of various legal documents applicable to the corporate legal and retail environment, assist with research and training on all relevant changes to legislation and related matters,
- Applicants for this position must be in possession of a relevant Tertiary Qualification (LL.B.) and should be well versed in JSA regulations and listing requirements with a minimum of 5 years’ related experience.
- Expert knowledge of governance and legislation frameworks in terms of the Companies Act & King IV, Corporate & Commercial work, Compliance work, Microsoft Office Packages (Excel; PowerPoint; Word) and board pack software & board view electronic board packs or similar.
- Meticulous attention to detail, good organisational, communication and administrative skills is essential.
- Previous experience and a proven Cosec & Legal track record of working in a corporate environment will be to your advantage.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com