Reference: 5174 CDS
Consultant: Carina de Swardt
- The National Technical Manager is responsible for the coordinating and executing the National Technical Strategy and Budget for Operations from start to finish, and accountable for the implementation of Policies, Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practices within Branches.
- Design an Infrastructure implementation plan and ensure the maintenance and oversee execution within branches
- Implement and manage Systems as put forward by the Head of Systems. Report on the health of the infrastructure on a regular basis
- Oversee regional components ensuring the upkeep and management of the infrastructure
- Ensure sound communication of Procurement requirements to the National Operations Manager
- Develop a Procurement and Asset management processes for implementation within the branches
- Ensure the sound management of the Technical Stream
- Accountable for the Implementation and Standardization of all Hardware Infrastructure, Wireless and Fibre.
- Ensure that the Infrastructure, NMS Systems, NOC, Procurement, Stock and Training processes run smoothly
- Ensure Low Cost and High Uptime on the Network and Infrastructure
- Ensure regular feedback on the progress with the implementation of the National Strategy as well as challenges faced and proposed solutions.
- Report and give feedback to Management and the NGM on policy, planning and strategic issues.
- Make important policy, planning and strategy decisions.
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work with Exco to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations and suppliers.
- Accountable for the expansion of the Infrastructure, Backups and Redundancy in line with the Board approved budget and forecasted growth.
- Implement the National Infrastructure, Backup and Redundancy strategy.
- Assist with the drafting of the National Infrastructure, Backup and Redundancy budget.
- Manage and report to the National General Manager on budget items such as capital expenditure, as per the approved Delegation of Authority.
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning and auditing.
- Provide inspired leadership for the organization.
- Promote and drive culture and values within the Branches Drive performance management within Branches as per the Performance Management guidelines.
- Assist HR with recruiting when necessary.
- Design skills matrix for Technical staff to ensure optimal performance
- Bachelor’s Degree, but preferably a Master’s Degree.
- Degrees in accounting, finance, economics, business, and management offer prospects and advantages.
- At least 5 years business and technical experience or technical experience within telecommunications sector will be advantageous
- Able to travel 20% – 30% of the time if needed
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products & Datatill
- Proven record of leadership, decision making and people management skills
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Sound knowledge of business process and functions (Finance, HR, Procurement, Operations)
- Strong analytical ability
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have problem solving aptitude
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.