Reference: 5251 CM
Consultant: Christa Mostert
- Leadership and management of the whole processing facility.
- Controls all components of processing, including production and cost control of Labour, Budget targets and production downtime.
- Equipment and skills optimization at all times.
- Responsible for yields and yield optimisation
- Any outsourced production control, where applicable (incl. Packaging, supply of raw material and delivery against plan).
- Initiate and manage effective cost reduction programs for manufacturing
- Interact with Quality Assurance manager to ensure that FSSC 22000 food safety procedures are followed correctly as well as all other aspects that may affect food safety within the relevant depts. that fall under factory operations.
- Interact with Planning and Improvement manager to ensure production planning matches output and tracks harvest plan.
- BMP/GMP, Line studies, external auditing and any additional controls or management to ensure world class manufacturing
- Communication with engineering manager and maintenance manager to ensure effective maintenance and repair program is adhered to and smooth running of facility. Justify plant upgrades, improvements and realize ROI targets agreed in this regard.
- Conduct performance management and appraisals with staff
- Organize and oversee security of the area
- Control Absenteeism of employees
- Ensure all procedures (SOP’s) are updated and then followed correctly
- uild morale and a Team environment – Implement and manage the “employee of the month” program
- Engender the culture of “ownership” of problems and issues, reporting incidents and forwarding improvement ideas.
- Effective people management: This includes training (in conjunction with the training officer), improvement and promotions. Using the skills matrix and training plan
- Labour – Shifts, control overtime, time and attendance, and absenteeism and report on this at management meeting. Ensure the placement of the right person for the right job. Manage the talent plan and performance of the team.
- Responsible for the effective functioning of the ERP system, Syspro, in the factory environment and ensure that this process is being adhered to by factory admin staff and general personnel.
- New lines production, product, recipe change implementation monitor and control. Works closely with Marketing manager in new product development.
- Full control of paper trail, using only Syspro for all data management.
- Oversight of Processing Manager, Supervisors and Shift Controllers
- Management of time & attendance system.
- Delivery of Innovation
- Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Safety, Health and the Environment (SHE)
- Risk Management
- Resource and Information Management
- At least 10 years experience in a production environment at a mid to senior management level is essential
- Experience in a food manufacturing or packaging environment would be an advantage
- Exposure and experience in working with a unionised workforce essential
- Completed Engineering qualification or Food Sciences degree essential
- Ability to Innovate
- Develop a performance driven culture
- Additional business studies will be preferable
- Proven track record with credible references
- Experience with ERP systems in operations and preferably experience with Syspro.
- Strong clerical and administrative abilities
- Good planning skills
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Aptitude for working with computer systems.
- Good interpersonal and motivational skills and proven track record thereof
- Completion of FSSC, ISO & HACCP training courses will be preferable
- Working knowledge of Xhosa and Afrikaans will be beneficial
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com