Reference: 5561 MLR
Consultant: Michelle le Roux
- Create and implement international procurement strategies that are innovative, cost-effective and incorporate the growing complexities and challenges within industry
- Sourcing, engaging and establishing long lasting relations with reliable suppliers in South Africa and internationally and continuous improvement of supplier list through supplier performance evaluation to initiate business and organization partnerships
- Liaise and build relations with existing suppliers and identify, select and approve potential suppliers based on the company selection methodology and criteria
- Negotiate prices and terms and conditions with suppliers and ensure that such negotiations are properly contracted, documented and filed according to company specifications
- Sound negotiations with suppliers to secure advantageous terms
- Monitor and record supplier performance to assess supplier’s ability to meet quality and delivery requirements on a continuous basis
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, and to discuss forecasts in order to identify any deviations at an early stage to ensure the necessary corrective action and implemented timeously and in the least disruptive manner
- Overseeing the procurement budget and promoting culture of long term saving on procurement costs
- Manage technological systems that track the shipment, inventory, and supply of materials
- Plan for all purchasing requirements in liaison with General Managers in advance and performs procurement processes against Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitoring and analyzing inventory consumption rates & determining re-order levels as well as economic order quantities at the respective Divisions
- Producing reports that track functional metrics and analysis of budgets versus actual expenditure and recommend improvement
- Formulate control strategies for unforeseeable circumstances to any delays for deliveries,
- Lead transformational activities to build procurement organizational capabilities and improve procurement efficiency
- Manages workflow through receiving orders, purchasing, coordination of payments with treasury, dispatching and liaising with clearance agents till goods are received
- Formulate procurement budgets, plans, policies, procedures, and controls.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and understanding in procurement for agricultural related strategic stocks, machinery and equipment ideally with a large SA agricultural company
- Evidence of established supplier relations in South Africa & Global will be and added advantage.
- Degree in Purchasing & Supply, Business Management or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, Power Point and experience with Sage Evolution
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in ‘reading’ the market
- Ability to collect and collate data
- Analytical thinking & results focused
- Aptitude in decision -making
- Performance & Productivity Management
- Excellent supervisory, leadership capabilities & mentoring skills
- Strong negotiation skills and concern for quality
- Knowledge of ERP systems
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com