Reference: 9122 SJ
Consultant Sone Johnson
- Oversee and guide Access Control and Farm Patrol functions.
- Oversee and operate the security system, including alarms and perimeter cameras.
- Develop and implement security policies, protocols, and procedures.
- Research, propose and implement new technology for security system improvements.
- Recruit, train and supervise the Guards and Patrolmen.
- Coordinate security staff, both internal and external, when responding to incidents.
- Liaise with security companies and law enforcement to identify crime trends and concerns in the area.
- Control budgets for security operations and monitor expenses.
- Oversee and coordinate Health and Safety in collaboration with the Human Resources Manager.
- Facilitate Health & Safety risk assessments with service providers.
- Chair quarterly Health & Safety committee meetings and appoint H&S Representatives.
- Maintain a register of all injuries and incidents.
- Investigate and report on all injuries on duty and ensure that the correct process is followed.
- Maintain and amend as required safety standards, policies, and procedures.
- Monitor security and safety concerns among farms workers and on estate property.
- Tertiary qualification beneficial.
- Minimum 5 years in Security with at least 2 years in a management role.
- Good planning and record keeping skills, computer literacy.
- Experience working in a rural farm environment.
- Handgun licence is a requirement.
- Strong ability to build relationships across racial and cultural backgrounds.
- Good communication skills (speak and understand Afrikaans and English).
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
Looking for a job?
Read some of our best articles with tips and advice for the workplace