Reference: 5530 DB
Consultant: Dorei Barnes
- The main purpose of the position will be to assist our operations with professional clinic services in line with SANC regulations, the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Company policies while promoting the health of our employees and advising the companies on programs aiming at the prevention of occupational and environmental hazards.
- Clinic Services:
- End to end management of all the relevant occupational health processes within one of our on site clinics
- Manage a program to establish the physical, psychological and social well-being of the worker in a safe working environment
- Conduct pre-placement, annual and exit medicals
- Monitoring the health status through ongoing surveillance programmes
- Providing information that can be utilized to eliminate, control and minimize health risks and hazards to which the employees are, or may be exposed
- Manage and keep a record of all injuries on duty
- IOD referrals
- Manage the clinic effectively within budget, legal and ethical requirements
- Determining and analyzing health care risks and advise management on required interventions.
- Assist with ethical audits where related to health care.
- Managerial responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage a team of occupational health practitioners who are servicing the various clinics we have on our premises in the Grabouw and Vyeboom area.
- Analyse, review and put in place best practice clinic processes
- Ensure alignment of the implementation of clinic processes across the operational units
- Be the custodian of clinic data and accurate monthly reporting
- Guide, advise and mentor other Occupational health practitioners
- Qualifications in General Nursing, Midwifery and Occupational Health Nursing with sound knowledge in the provision of Occupational and Primary Health Care Services.
- Registered with SANC and SASOHN
- Certificate in dispensing
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ practical knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing a team of OHP.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (fluency in Xhosa as a third language would be an advantage)
- Computer proficiency and general administration skills
- Experience in HIV/AIDS counselling
- Experience in the treatment of Injuries on Duty and COIDA administration
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org