Reference: DB 6844
Consultant: Dorei Barnes
- Compile and maintain safety files and other related relevant files for projects
- Conduct pre implementation risk assessments on new sites if and when required and identify risk mitigation measures in conjunction with contractors
- Review Contractor Risk Assessment. Visit sites to assess work for compliance to specifications.
- Provide SHE improvement proposals, proposed corrective action, required resources for corrective action and plan of implementation on NCRs issued
- Follow up to ensure that corrective actions are implemented where necessary and ensure that requirements are complied with.
- Report on Contractor performance where repetitive matters are not being addressed according to DFA requirements.
- Conduct SHE Committee Meetings (plan, scheduled and review)
- Attend meetings if and when required on behalf of the Company’s SHEQ department – Management meetings, Technical meetings, Steering Committee meetings (weekly, monthly, quarterly)
- Review and amend standards, specifications, policies and procedures for approval.
- Ensure that Operations employees, contractors and site visitors receive SHE induction at Kick-Off meetings and before entering construction operations
- Monitor contractor performance and work sites by conducting continuos site visits and audits and compiling relevant reports. Escalate matters of continuous non-conformance.
- Establish Safe Work Procedures; Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Work Instructions for tasks as and when required.
- Monitoring the implementation of Safe Work Procedures, Instructions and protocols to determine continuous improvement.
- Planning and coordinating SHEQ related training for regional staff in conjunction with HQ strategies. (Bookings, ensuring payments etc.)
- Maintaining and updating all relevant SHEQ department administrative folders pertaining to regional accountabilities & responsibilities i.e. (weekly schedule planner, S.O.R folder, file audits etc.)
- Ensure accurate registration and record keeping of all legislative requirements in conjunction with HQ strategy pertaining to regional office i.e. (PPE registers, Awareness training registers, all office inspection related registers).
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time-to-time by management
- Health and safety documentation for authorities
- Compile project specific emergency response and preparedness plans
- Conduct site safety Inductions
- Review and update the health and safety plan
- National Senior Certificate / Matric
- SAMTRAC Certificate or equivalent occupational SHE training
- National Diploma or equivalent in Health & Safety Management
- First Aid level 2 Basic Certificate
- Fire Prevention Certificate
- Registered as a Professional Construction Health & Safety Officer under the SACPCMP
- Environmental & Quality qualification an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in monitoring and auditing of contractor safety performances.
- Experience of implementing Health and Safety in a highly technical, complex industrial environment essential
- Exposure to and understanding of implementation of OHSAS 18001 / 14001 and ISO 9001
- Well experienced in Company standards and programs requirements in order to pass on knowledge and requirements to others.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org