Reference: 4945 DB
Consultant: Dorei Barnes
- The main responsibility of this position is to take charge of all packaging production lines per shift. It will be required of this position to ensure all procedure regarding equipment setup and operation, reporting regarding shift activities, autonomous maintenance, Quality, housekeeping, Food Safety, Health and Safety and reporting regarding the production lines is adhered to during his/her shift. This position will assist the Bottling Manager regarding the mentioned tasks to ensure product is packed according planned schedule.
- Pack product according production planned as instructed by Bottling plant manager. This position will be required to setup all line equipment and to take charge of change overs on all production lines and report to Bottling Manager any deviations or challenges faced if necessary. This will include unscrambles, dropdown shutes and star wheel guide, conveyers and guides, lowerater equipment, filling machines, capping, labelling, shrinking and sellotape, mayo mixing equipment ext.
- Receiving of packaging material
- Must ensure supply line is optimal controlled through correct selection of type of product, correct tank selection, correct valve and pipe selection, filter selection and correct pump operation ext.
- This position will be responsible to ensure correct makeup of blends as per production schedule. The Shift supervisor will take charge of the makeup of all blends according to correct procedure and requirements and will ensure availability for production line
- This position will be responsible for effective operation of all production lines and will ensure maximum line efficiencies during duration of shift
- This position will responsible for all autonomous maintenance within plant and equipment.
- This position will also ensure continuous preventative maintenance being performed on all lines. In conjunction with bottling manager arrange for regular scheduled maintenance on all lines
- Report maintenance issues to bottling manager and maintenance manager if not able to resolve on his level.
- It will be required from this position to ensure the necessary support is available to maintenance team at all times when working on equipment
- This position will ensure final product is packed within correct configuration during palletising. This include: boxes, pallets ext.
- This person will ensure continuous quality check being performed by him/herself and line operators.
- This person will ensure all damage material is stored in correct identified containers and are reported accurately at end of each shift
- After each production run this person is responsible all unused material is identified and returned to the stores
- This position will be responsible for effective housekeeping of the bottling plant and all areas of responsibility
- This position will be responsible for leading and motivating all Teams per shift.
- Effective time management of the teams
- This position will be required to ensure all logs, inspections downtime reporting is completed per shift and maintained up to date per shift
- Will be available for all training as required and scheduled by management
- It will be expected from this person to assist the bottling manager to train all personnel regarding their operational functions, equipment operation, quality requirements, food and safety requirements
- Will comply to safety, food safety, and environmental procedure. It can be expected from all employees to be appointed with certain responsibilities as required by OSH act, food safety regulations and environmental regulations
- Any other reasonable relevant task allocated by bottling manager as required by plant operations
- Electrical/Mechanical tertiary technical qualification
- Conversant in Afrikaans or English
- Valid forklift driving licence
- Previous experience is needed within FMCG environment
- Food Safety (FSSC)
- OEE management
- Labour relations and staff discipline
- On the job training of staff
- Must be able to lead various small teams
- Good time management
- Be disciplined and reliable
- Must be able to work well together in a leadership team
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org