Food Technology & Quality Manager
Reference: 7935 MLR
Consultant: Michelle le Roux
- Maintaining brand integrity and product safety whilst performing risk mitigation.
- Contributing towards the category strategy, ensuring innovative and safe products of consistent quality.
- Develop high-quality products
- Managing and monitoring the technical team in order to meet the company’s technical strategy, product plan, and ultimately the category strategy.
- Technical communication and liaison with the buying team, suppliers, quality team, and production teams.
- Positively influencing all contributing aspects of the supply chain to optimise quality and food safety.
- Responsible for leading the factory and product process audits within the production facility and supply base.
- Formulating and/or managing product specifications, ensuring accuracy.
- Ensuring effective product accept/reject criteria.
- Identifying and managing critical control points (CCPs) within production facilities and ensuring that suppliers identify and manage their CCPs correctly.
- Overseeing end-to-end quality management systems within farm production facilities and among external suppliers.
- Providing technical input into category, quality management, and supplier strategies and ensuring effective implementation.
- Overseeing packaging development, ensuring conformance to legislation.
- Ensuring accurate nutritional information and date marking/coding.
- Overseeing effective allergen management within all production facilities and among suppliers.
- Supplier approval/sourcing, based on basic hygiene compliance and risk management.
- Shelf-life assessment and implementation.
- Managing microbiological testing, specifying the type of tests, frequency, and accept/reject criteria for both product and environment.
- Improving and ensuring production efficiencies within production facilities and the supply base.
- Raw material sourcing and approval: ensuring that production and suppliers source from approved raw material suppliers, and that specifications and allergen management practices are in place.
- Troubleshoot customer complaints and perform route cause analyses.
- Uphold international standards for food manufacturing and processing, using cutting-edge equipment, processing technology knowledge, and experience
- BSc Food Science or BTech Food Technology degree with 10 – 15 years of industry experience.
- Relevant retail experience is required.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
Looking for a job?
Read some of our best articles with tips and advice for the workplace