Reference: CDS 6863
Consultant: Carina De Swardt
- Oversee production planning on-site.
- Provide input into the broader strategy from a production perspective.
- Manage, plan and control the Production Department’s budget.
- Ensure that the Production Department is sufficiently capacitated to deliver against the production plan.
- Identify and implement work improvement practices to achieve maximum outputs.
- Establish and ensure the most efficient use of resources i.e., cost, people, time, etc. to increase delivery on product output and quality.
- Drive optimal product quality and volumes to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Provide input into the establishment of systems and procedures to comply with best practices, legislative, and other regulatory guidelines.
- Drive production targets while minimizing costs (i.e., ensuring minimum wastage of raw materials, packaging materials, minimizing downtime and reducing labour costs).
- Ensure on-site compliance to Safety, Health, Risk, Environment and Quality Management.
- Ensure prompt implementation of corrective measures where non-compliance is identified.
- A Diploma/ Degree in Production Management or any other relevant qualification.
- 7 years operational management experience within the FMCG manufacturing environment of which 5 years must be in a management position.
- Experience in an Animal Feeds manufacturing environment will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of cost management (i.e., processing budget vs expenditure).
- Knowledge of cost-saving (i.e., deliver against cost-saving and business improvement initiatives).
- Target driven, knowledge of production processes, best practices and quality systems (e.g., OEE).
- Knowledge of waste management processes.
- Solid team management experience, including but not limited to workforce planning, performance management and ensuring discipline on-site.
- Knowledge of SHEQ compliance within the Processing Department.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org