Reference: NB 6267
Consultant: Nine Broodryk
Our client, one of the largest suppliers of petroleum and lubricants, is recruiting for an industry-experienced and hands-on Head of Retail to join their dynamic, forward-thinking team.
– Breakdown of responsibilities within role: 45% New Business Development (Retail), 25% Brand Marketing, 20% QSR, 10% Administration.
– Overview of role: Optimisation of the company’s Retail Business Return on Invested Capital through strategic development and efficient operations of a network of ± 90 existing retail service stations/forecourts, identifying and spearheading the development of new business opportunities within Retail.
– Ensuring compliance in all areas of operational activity by effectively managing systems and motivating staff.
– Identifying and pursuing possible new Retail / forecourt business opportunities and acquisitions to drive positive growth of the company footprint within South Africa.
– Business Model Development: Set up, management and turn-around feasibility for newly identified retail business opportunities.
– Formulating and translating strategic plans into documented deliverables indicating resources, infrastructure and competencies.
– Developing and managing and reporting on budget and revenue expectations while actively seek ways to reduce and/or eliminate expenses.
– Streaming of new sites and installation of new dealers / franchisees.
– Managing and maintaining relations with internal customers, contractors/service providers and external stakeholders such as agencies, dealer councils and franchisees.
– Proven expertise in new business development and driving operational execution within Retail sector.
– Proven financial skills with a drive for profitability.
– Solid understanding of QSR, Retail offering and Coffee offering on Retail forecourts.
– Extensive commercial experience complemented by a broad exposure to Environmental, Social and Governance issues management within the sector.
– A shelf-starter with exceptional leadership and communication skills.
– Proven marketing skills.
– Adept at leveraging and managing partnerships, internally and externally, to drive positive outcomes and maintain healthy relationships.
– A strategic thinker and socially conscious leader with a people-oriented leadership style.
– Passionate about innovation and technology.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com