Reference: 5533 NB
Consultant: Nine Broodryk
Our client is one of the largest suppliers of petroleum and lubricants in the Western Cape and Garden Route. We are recruiting for an industry-experienced Key Account Manager / Business Consultant who will add to their existing human resources pool. This position offers a challenging role to a dynamic, experienced and hands-on individual.
- Professionally co-ordinate a healthy business relationship between company and Retailers and maintain a consistent and senior working relationship with the Retailer/Landlord.
- Support Retailer/Landlord by guiding them to build the Brand, extend the network and grow sales and share of market, whilst obtaining a win-win situation for both company and the Retailer – Measure and guide them to achieve Customer First and Sales targets.
- Monitor and ensure that service station facilities and dispensing equipment are properly maintained.
- Conduct site visits to ensure that all retail outlets are always operated under Company-required standard of image guidelines.
- Ensure that the territory management is aligned with all company processes as well as government regulations such as HES, licensing and local ordinances, etc. to ensure operational excellence.
- Resolve any field, credit and accounting system problems that may arise whilst ensuring attainment of Credit KPI’s.
- Conduct scheduled, half-yearly, individual Business Plan meetings to measure, report and assist Retailers towards achieving agreed Business Plan targets, as well as measuring profitability, counselling Retailer on profitability and suggest actions.
- Report progress and/or recommendations to management.
- Annually convey Business Plan targets and requirements for inclusion in future plans, review, align and negotiate plans to achieve these.
- Assist the Retailer with in-house training as and when required, ensure that all Retailer staff are developed to a high standard of proficiency in the sale of our product range and systems to run the business.
- Monitor training records, determine requirements and coordinate Retailers’ training to ensure compliance to major suppliers and company standards.
- Maintain accurate records of company assets by site (signage, POS/BOS equipment).
- Handle and submit, on time, any documentation required as well as all internal company reports and surveys.
- Ensure that management of the retail sites is within the assigned OPEX budget.
- Track and benchmark competitive activity within the region and area – Analyse to understand the implications of external environment changes on the business to enhance decision making.
- Share this information with company management to assist with business strategies.
- Ensure close coordination with other business units through consistent interaction and alignment of business strategies to ensure that all retail programs remain “best in class”
- A degree relevant to the position.
- An additional, relevant qualification will be advantageous.
- Solid working knowledge of PC software applications (i.e. Excel & PowerPoint).
- A solid understanding of the oil industry in RSA, the environment in which the company operates, and the overall marketing objectives and vision in order to ensure alignment of goals with strategic direction.
- Clear understanding of Marketing operations within South Africa.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Results-driven and proactive.
- Attention to detail is imperative.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- He or she will need minimal supervision and at times, will operate under tight or stringent deadlines.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com