Reference: 5351 DB
Consultant: Dorei Barnes
- The purpose of a Senior Fundraiser is to mobilise resources (both financial and in kind) to enable sustainable impact. This is done through developing networks of donors and partners and providing technical expertise. The service offering includes identifying opportunities aligned to priority needs, raising awareness, crafting proposals/applications, writing concise and informative reports and acting as donor liaison/relationship manager.
- Give strategic input into the specific Fund Development programme
- Identify and cultivate prospective new supporters
- Draft funding proposal to secure undedicated and dedicated funding
- Manage the donor relationship, including deliver of timely and impactful reports; and
- Be prepared and willing to perform tasks outside the given job description when asked from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in one of the social sciences/ communications or similar
- A specific qualification in fundraising (certificate/diploma) would be an advantage
- A minimum of five years’ experience in fundraising
- Full understanding of fundraising best practices and a track record in successful fundraising
- Knowledge of and experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning, including developing Theories of Change and logical frameworks
- The ability to write clear, compelling, concept notes and proposals
- The ability to collate information from disparate sources to provide timely and impactful donor reports, which requires an ability to build relationships with staff in remote areas
- A firm grasp of research and analysis
- An understanding of the potential of the various communication channels/platforms and the necessity to engage closely with the Communications team
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (English); and
- An ability to work under pressure and honour deadlines
- An ability to travel as required; and
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Experience in project planning
- Advanced computer skills, including Excel
- Ability to create infographics/dashboards using tools such as Power BI; and
- An existing network of contacts.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com