Reference: 5277 NB
Consultant: Nine Broodryk
- Development and delivery of the company’s Health, Safety, Security and Environmental functions.
- Implementation and roll out of HSSE policies, procedures and systems to provide for a safe and secure business operation.
- Development of goals, strategies, and plan needed to achieve the HSSE strategy and build the capabilities to enable optimal delivery with input from relevant stakeholders and more specifically, operations.
- Engaging, motivating and training the operational team and site safety officers.
- Constantly analysing and identifying ways to fine tune HSSE processes and systems in line with changing work practices.
- Co-ordinate, lead/assist and manage proper incident investigation to determine root cause and capture lessons learnt.
- Investigation of near miss events and preparation of material for organization hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations.
- Development, monitoring, improving and review of risk assessments and processes.
- Identify new hazards and risks and implement control measures to reduce these risks.
- Development of business cases for any safety related projects.
- Assist HSSE function in audits for entities and third-party business partners.
- SQAS understanding.
- Preparation of applicable HSSE reports, including but not limited to; monthly HSSE Scorecard, APMT Regional HSSE monthly reports, monthly depot compliance reports, statistical reports on safety performance.
- Nebosh International Certificate or International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Accreditation with Samtrac
- Registered with professional body – SAIOS, IOSH.
- 5 – 8 Years’ experience in health and safety.
- Working at heights experience and fall protection plan development.
- Must have detailed knowledge and experience of risk management processes in order to identify potential hazards within the depot and support operational teams in identifying appropriate control.
- Strong administrative skills required to compile HSSE reports: monthly statistical analysis, monthly scorecards, gap analysis worksheets, risk assessment worksheets and applicable registers.
- Must be able to multitask with the ability to work under pressure and anticipate potential resource constraints and diagnose, evaluate and resolve such problems as they happen. Ability to prepare and prioritize deliverables in accordance with required deadlines.
- Dedicated and willing to work long hours when required.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com