Reference: 5985 SJ
Consultant: Sone Johnson
- Logistics, Supply Chain & Operations
- Identify operational challenges on the internal operating export system (BEX) and escalate to the relevant members in the Operational and Logistics team.
- Consign product during the season on the internal operating system daily.
- Ensure packaging specifications and brands are aligned and linked to the correct customer to ensure that the correct price is allocated.
- Review and confirm the accuracy of Draft Waybills.
- Assist the Procurement division by issuing and distributing bulk pack instructions to growers and packhouses
- Resend customer API (Application Programming Interface) to reflect any changes to a consignment.
- Timeously apply for and procure Organic Certificates through the appropriate certified body (Lacon) to ensure clearance of shipment.
- Stay up to date with Organic Certifying body’s regulation changes.
- Organic Certificate recon at the end of the season (Applied vs. Issued Certificates).
- Declare the value of each sea freight shipment for insurance purposes throughout the season, at least once a week before the vessel docks at destination.
- Maintain records of all air and sea freight documentation (i.e. Export documentation from Forwarder and Organic Certificate etc.).
- Filing of all insurance declaration lists to ensure efficient traceability.
- Filing of organic certificate lists to ensure efficient traceability (this includes both active and cancelled certificates)
- Assisting with the resolution of grower queries.
- Facilitate pre-season system training on BEX to new and existing growers.
- Sending photos of arrival temperatures and/or arrival issues/observations to growers.
- Assist the Costing Accountant with transport allocations.
- Pre-Season system setup on BEX of airline routings.
- Link new brands to the relevant customers and growers on BEX.
- Liaise with the Operations Team with regards to load plans, equipment details, brand changes on consignments, flights and container details.
- Record grower batch corrections and amendments on the BEX system.
- Liaise with the Sales Team to confirm customer pricing for the relevant week.
- Supply the Sales Team with invoicing details where relevant, for manual invoices creation.
- Organise and upkeep of server files/documentation throughout the season.
- Pre-Season setup as per specifications on BEX.
- Review and update relevant protocols and grower training manuals.
- Assist the Procurement Team with the preparation of Post-Season grower reviews.
- Non-RSA Supply Documentation
- Save all export documents received from forwarder on the server (Import Documents).
- Verify the information captured on import documents (invoices, CD1 documents, Road Consignments & Delivery Notes)
- Create consignments from allocations/ load plans received.
- Distribute manual export invoices to all relevant parties.
- Extract BEX sea freight export documents, attach Import Documents and send to freight forwarders.
- Logistics or related diploma/certificate
- Exports of perishable cargo experience
- FMCG knowledge (2-3 years)
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org