Reference: SJ 3868
- Plan daily deliveries at the time of inventory
- Organize Transport of transactions done by TRADERS
- Monitor deliveries, satisfaction and maintain information of transport & goods
- Responsible for prompt, accurate communication
- Handling of general enquiries
- Abreast of market trends and contingencies
- Positive expression of the company’s image and values
- Operate within budget of policy & procedures
- High levels of detail and quality in all tasks
- Fares must motivate transactions and routes
- Experience in Office environment
- Organized and willing to adapt quickly to changes
- Working together with fellow colleagues, TRADERS, management, producers, grain owners (co-ops), transporters (owner/driver) & delivery point (customer)
- Effective problem solving
- Keep TRADERS informed of their transactions
- Keep finance department informed of stock requirements and payments from producers
- Keep silo/producer informed of details of trucks to load
- Keep in touch with Transport owner/driver until cargo is unloaded
- Keep drop point informed of inventory in transit
- Get pick up and drop off point. Work out shipping rates that work for TRADERS transactions, benefiting profits
- Contact silo about availability
- If stock is on folio, request instructions by contacting the cooperative.
- If instructions are received, book in at silos: Registration numbers, driver name, ID, contact number; weight trucks may load, commodity & grade.
- If at producer: get directions and information about scale; find out what types of trucks can load; what times can load and book truck details in via sms. If producer has weighing slips, request that they be forwarded, enter on system.
- If at silo: get instruction and availability of loading locks at silo. Book trucks on email and refer. Request information from silo about tons loaded, enter on system
- Send details of trucks to delivery point
- Connect trucks to an order
- Request delivery information, for invoicing
- Enter data on set
- Discuss with various parties involved
- Financial responsibility is indicated
- Follow up, until completely sorted out
- Discuss rates/orders
- Get stock on instruction and discuss with silos
- Get upload information from silos and input on system
- Also pass on to the drop off point/customer for record purposes
- Book rates/orders/Transport
- Get pickup information and pass on to the delivery point
- Enter data on system
- Experience in the field of Logistics
- Atl least years’ xperience in the logistics indusrty
- High level of computer literacy
- An aptitude towards customer liaison with good communication skills
- Great organisational skills and high level of neatness
- A positive outlook on life, a self-challenging nature, and high levels of ENERGY are required. The internal drive to succeed, regardless of the obstacles
- Self-discipline to work without supervision with strict deadlines and work under pressure Be able to speak and write both Afrikaans and English fluently
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to email@example.com.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
Looking for a job?
Read some of our best articles with tips and advice for the workplace