Reference: 4424 DB
Consultant: Dorei Barnes
- Executing on contract terms and conditions.
- Negotiate rates with transporters.
- Stock control.
- Quality control.
- Adding new transporters to our existing book and ensuring GIT insurance is in place.
- Develop relationships with transporters and clients.
- Compile transport contracts using templates.
- Follow up trucks to determine accurate ETA.
- Good communication with clients, keeping them informed about the status of the cargo.
- Build good relationships with loading and off-loading points and identifying key role players at loading and off-loading points.
- Daily administration function – feed all load data into computer database; reconciliation of PODs and loading weights.
- Collecting of POD’s
- Weekly planning of truck movements and stock delivery.
- Handling of client, transport and supplier related queries.
- After hours contact with all relevant parties, 7 days a week.
- A tertiary qualification in Logistics will be to the candidate’s advantage.
- At least 1 – 2 years’ relevant experience in a similar position.
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of transport market.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Well versed in e-mail etiquette and MS Outlook with good writing skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Analytical ability.
- Good attention to detail.
- Prepared to be available for cell phone queries and problem solving after office hours.
- Negotiating skills.
How to Apply:
- Email your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
- We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
- Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com