Cost and management accounting functions can be contracted
Exceed Tax and Advisory Services has announced that it is making CIMA management accounting staff available to perform cost and management accounting functions for clients.
This service is aimed at clients who are unable or do not wish to employ a management accountant, and provides those clients with access to the skills and expertise of a CIMA professional at an affordable rate.
In harsh economic climates, quick response times to changes – whether in the market or to input costs – may determine whether a business sinks or swims. Management accounting will help organisations operate more efficiently.
Businesses may either appoint a management accountant or use a service provider to carry out the cost accounting function. According to Jaco Odendaal, there are definite benefits to using a service provider with CIMA-qualified employees.
“We find that the benefits to our clients include the following:
- our monthly consultation fee is lower than the salary of a full-time employee,
- clients need not worry about employees not performing at optimal levels,
- increased reliability and sustainability of the cost accounting function, irrespective of employees resigning,
- access to professional CIMA personnel that are bound by a professional Code of Ethics, and
- higher accuracy of results, as all work carried out by our clerks are reviewed by Exceed’s senior staff”.
“In addition, clients have first option to employ an Exceed clerk who has completed his/her CIMA traineeship, should they wish to offer him/her full-time employment. This is a win-win situation: both parties already know the other and the expectations involved”.
“Lastly, our clients also have access to the broad spectrum of other services offered by the Exceed Group,” Mr Odendaal said.
Exceed Tax and Advisory Services offers the following management accounting services:
- Analyses of variations from budgets
- Annual and capital budgeting
- Business development
- Buy vs lease analysis
- Cash-flow budgeting and analysis
- Client profitability analysis
- Client segment reporting
- Cost allocation and analysis
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Cost-volume-profit analysis
- Internal financial presentation and communication
- IT cost transparency
- Life cycle cost analysis
- Price modeling
- Product profitability
- Rate and volume analysis
- Sales management scorecards
- Sales and financial forecasting
- Strategic planning and management advice
Transaction support services:
- Tax consultation/services
- Legal and commercial services
- Due diligence studies
- Evaluation of internal controls
Other services offered include:
- Business and financial planning
- Mergers, management buy-outs and take-overs
- Corporate and structured finance
- Corporate governance support
- Specialised tax planning and structuring
- International tax
- Commercial law services
Jaco Odendaal, Janie Schoeman, AJ Beukes